Friday, March 11, 2011

Day Eight – Camden Rock

What’s this?! Two posts in one day?!

You know it folks!

So on this day the girls took me to a place called Camden. It was crazy awesome because this area is like being in a completely different London, even though it’s still London. Camden is like PunkRockVille U.S.A., but not U.S.A. because I’m in the U.K. but you get what I’m saying. Every building is super close together, and it’s all mom and pop shops. There’s literally only one road that goes through here! This place is also clothes galore, but more alternative ware. There are tourist shops like crazy, and a lot of local artists selling their work. I think the only corporate store I saw was a KFC. The girls and I went down to a pub to get something to eat, of course I got fish and chips. ‘Twas quite tasty.


Interesting Note: Camden day was also, Ash Wednesday. (For you Catholic folks) But instead of Fat Tuesday like they do in the states, they have Pancake Tuesday instead and make pancakes!!

After the pub, the girls reminded me about Beardyman's show being tonight.  (See 2nd post if you don’t remember Beardyman) Unfortunately, word was that it sold out, but that didn’t stop the girls from making sure we got in. They tried finding scalpers, but there weren't any close by. Sian and Aissa had a system where they would switch places, one near the entrance to the Underground, the other around the concert venue. 

At one point Sian told me to check for Aissa since she hadn’t come back yet. When I walked towards the venue Sian came running over and told me Aissa scored the last three tickets at the door. Meant to be right?!
The venue was really comfortable, like the Rialto but a little bigger. I think it was called ‘The Electric Ballroom’. The opening DJ, JFB put on a great act, hilarious and super catchy. And once he finished Beardyman just popped on stage (No set up for beatboxers, who would have guessed haha?) He put on an amazing show and just got the audience pumped. The sounds coming out of his mouth would have impressed even the great Michael Winslow haha. Even more awesome, to promote his new LP coming out, he created a mini-L.P. at the show, made from suggestions people gave him on facebook and twitter. The only downside from the show was everybody who decided to keep having bar/bathroom brakes. And for some reason the only way they could do this was by constantly going through my friends and I. They wouldn’t stop coming, and didn’t seem to realize we all wanted to slap them. At one point I made a barricade with the girl to my left and the guy at my right, it worked and we all seemed to laugh about it.

After the show, we took the bus to a bar near the flat. It super chill and they were playing Bob Marley on the jukebox and Kill Bill V.1 on the TV, which was kind of funny. The girls and I got some drinks and talked about films and middle school. Kind of funny story, we found these girls from Boston getting hit on my a group of Brits. Sadly enough, Sian told me exactly how this would play out, since most dudes here have plans on how to ‘pounce’ on visiting ladies. By the end of the night both girls played right into their hands and were making out with two of the dudes in their little group. Honestly, it kind of annoyed me. But the girls were from Boston, so I shouldn’t expect much (HEYYYYYYYOOOOOOO) haha.


Around 3 am, I was a lil wasted and we had to head home. I got super hungry for some reason and once we got back to the flat, Sian made me pizza and fries. IT WAS DELICIOUS AND SHE IS A SAINT. Once I finished, I played some Wii with the girls. It didn’t take much after that for me to pass out like nobody’s business. 

   
So Lesson For The Day:

·         * You like alternative, check out Camden!
·         * You like kick ass music, if you ever see the name Beardyman at a concert venue, GO SEE IT AND GET YOUR FRIENDS TO SEE IT TOO!
·         * Girls from Boston, are girls from Boston. Don’t be a girl from Boston.

Till next time,
Toby

No comments:

Post a Comment